Community Educational Content
There is so much more out there that can help you learn and build with Astro! Here is some educational content produced and maintained by the Astro community.
All links are external, and may be based on earlier versions of Astro. Be sure to check the date on any community content, and adapt to your project accordingly.
Courses and TutorialsSection titled Courses and Tutorials
Courses and tutorials are focused on teaching you new concepts, often with exercises or sample projects to build. These are a great way to learn new concepts and give you the tools you need for working on your own Astro project.
Check out the following courses and tutorials to learn more about Astro.
Introductory TutorialsSection titled Introductory Tutorials
- Astro Web Framework Crash Course by freeCodeCamp
- Astro Crash Course in 20 minutes by Chris Pennington (full paid course: Learn Astro)
- Astro 3.0 Crash Course by James Q Quick (full paid course: Build Modern Websites with Astro)
- Astro Crash Course in 60 minutes by @developedbyed
- Understanding Astro (ebook) by Ohans Emmanuel
- The Valley of Code - Astro by Flavio Copes
Video TutorialsSection titled Video Tutorials
- Astro Quick Start Course: Build an SSR Blog
- How I created a movie application with Astro 3.x
- You may not ACTUALLY understand Content Collections…
- Build a custom blog platform with Astro and Apprwrite
- Astro JS Portfolio Crash Course
- Build a full stack blog with Astro
Recipes and GuidesSection titled Recipes and Guides
See guided examples of adding features to your Astro project, submitted by our community members!
Astro recipes are typically short, focused how-to guides that walk a reader through completing a working example of a specific task. Recipes are a great way to add new features or behavior to your Astro project by following step-by-step instructions!
Other guides might explain concepts related to an area of content, such as using images or working with MDX.
Have you written a recipe for Astro? Edit this page and add your link in the appropriate section!
AuthenticationSection titled Authentication
- Use a dynamic filename when importing images
- Add an RSS feed to Astro using Storyblok’s stories
- How to Send Any Data to Your RSS Feed? A Guide with Astro + RSS
ImagesSection titled Images
Editor ToolingSection titled Editor Tooling
MarkdownSection titled Markdown
- Build a table of contents from Astro’s Markdown headings
- Create a Remark plugin to remove runts from your Markdown files
- Set Up Draft Pages Effectively in Astro with Config-Driven Content Authoring
PerformanceSection titled Performance
UtilitiesSection titled Utilities
- Using tRPC in Astro
- Integrating Sentry with Astro
- Generate localized sitemaps for your Astro and Storyblok project
- Add searching to your site with Pagefind
- Add searching to your site with Fuse.js
- Add a comments section to your Astro blog using Giscus
Internationalization and LocalizationSection titled Internationalization and Localization
- How to make your Astro website multilingual with Crowdin: Astro localization guide
- Translate routes in Astro for content collections and subpages